Here is a card that I created for my other blog, but it is quite fitting for the theme of this blog so I thought I would share it :)
Just be yourself, be happy, smile and dream!
More details on my blog
Monday, February 13, 2017
Monday, February 6, 2017
There is just something about plaid that makes my heart happy. I think it is just because so many great childhood memories are associated with it. Then of course a thermos like this... tops it off :) Now I would really like to be making spring cards, but old man winter is still hanging on. This card makes me want to hang out in a cabin in the woods with a cozy warm fire.
I used the Hot Cocoa collection by American Crafts. The Thermos Die is from Papertrey Ink (Cozy Christmas). The sentiment die is from Stamplorations.
The large tag is mounted on foam strips and the thermos is on foam squares.
Playing along with:
Monday, January 2, 2017
Sunday, January 1, 2017
Sometimes I think there is a stigma to 'self love'. Putting ourselves first, I don't believe comes natural to many, especially women. Maybe it is that 'nurturing' gene... must take care of others and for some reason we don't value our wants/needs as important.
...if we don't value ourselves as someone that is important, how can we expect others to?
From Psychology Today:
"Self-love is a state of appreciation for oneself that grows from actions that support our physical, psychological and spiritual growth. Self-love is dynamic; it grows by actions that mature us. When we act in ways that expand self-love in us, we begin to accept much better our weaknesses as well as our strengths, have less need to explain away our short-comings, have compassion for ourselves as human beings struggling to find personal meaning, are more centered in our life purpose and values, and expect living fulfillment through our own efforts."
So how can we love ourselves more?
Read on for some simple ways and give them a try... you will be amazed at how far these small steps go to making you feel special, and important and the more you feel that way... the more we treat ourselves even better.
1) Take care of yourself. Ensuring that you provide yourself the basic needs such as proper nutrition, fitness, relationships and sleep will go a long way to making you feel good.
2) Say no. Say no to things such as work, relationships, food... anything that does not have a positive impact on your well being. It is ok to say no, for many of us it is a hard word to use.
3) Think about what you need rather than what you want. Set goals for yourself, be it health, fitness, financially... and focus on them.
- "Don't let what you want today, sacrifice what you are working towards tomorrow."
- "Is what you are doing today helping you reach what you want tomorrow"
4) Mindfulness - be in the moment, know what you are thinking and feeling. If something sets your soul on fire, then do it. If not, think about it and perhaps it is not the right choice.
5) Relationships - "Your Vibe Attracts Your Tribe" surround yourself with people who have a positive impact on your life. If someone consistently is hurting you being it physically or mentally then remove yourself from that relationship. It is hard to love yourself when you have 'friends' who make you feel unworthy.
6) Forgive Yourself - We can be so hard on ourselves. No one is perfect. We all make mistakes. If you make a mistake, learn from it, move on and grow from it.
- "I am perfectly imperfect"
7) Intentional - I love this one. It is my theme for this year. Intentional living. Living with a purpose or setting goals, helps you stay focused and on the right track. If you don't have a goal or purpose, how will you know when you are there? How will you know if you are successful? There is something magical in setting a goal and achieving it you love yourself and set out to accomplish even more.
So... have I convinced you? It is not only ok it is IMPORTANT TO LOVE OURSELVES.
Thursday, December 29, 2016
Have you embraced it yet?
Rose Gold is currently trending and continues to be hot thus it will carry us into the new year. It is a safe middle ground color between warm and cool tones so it looks great on everyone! (be sure to click on photos to be brought to the original source)
I have seen it popping up everywhere in the fashion and home decor world.
Incorporating this gorgeous color certainly adds a slight air of class and sophistication
without going overboard.
.It is everywhere and of course Jamberry has a gorgeous sparkly wrap.
Rose Gold Sparkle